There are various techniques for mastering the English language. But whichever technique a person chooses, remember that every opportunity must be taken to practice the language and outline a clear goal for their studies. ILC does its best to help its candidates improve their level of English proficiency and get more chances for successful employment abroad.
Here are a few useful tips to help anyone improve their English:
1. Read short texts in English. Write out all new words and phrases. Consider several questions regarding the text and try to answer them.
2. A person will manage to achieve desirable results in English on condition simply by spending at least one hour practicing it every day. Daily attention to one's studies will be rewarded with rapid improvement in one's knowledge. Reading out loud from a dictionary will help students to enrich their vocabulary, improve their memory and remember the topics studied.
3. Listen to the audio at least 2-3 times per day before using a dictionary to look up new words. This will contribute greatly to enriching anyone's vocabulary.
4. Learn 7-10 new words per day. The simplest way to remember new words is to group them according to one topic or to make a short story with them. Place sticky notes with words on them around your home and change their location from time to time to avoid becoming accustomed to them.
5. Watch movies in English. At first, watch films previously seen in translation in order to more quickly grasp the plot, then try to watch new films with subtitles. This will help anyone to remember new words and phrases. We also recommend watching TV programs and educational videos.
6. Write as many letters, postcards, emails and compositions on a daily basis as possible. We recommend that a person take part in English-speaking forums or other study forums. Consider reviewing some of the following useful links:
7. Use each opportunity to practice English, including speaking English with friends and relatives, write letters, chat with native speakers, and watch or listen to English-language programs.
The key thing is to be brave enough to speak English; don't be afraid of making spelling or pronunciation mistakes. Make a start, however slow, and take advantage of new opportunities.
We wish you good luck in improving your English!