ILC (International Labour Center) cooperates with Denmark farms in the terms of youth internship program in agriculture sphere from 2013. This is unique opportunity for youth not only to gain work experience in agriculture sector of one of the most developed countries , but also to emerge in culture of Denmark, get well language practice and of course to make some money. Areas of training include agriculture and cattle breeding.
To participate in this program, applicants must meet the following requirements: be 19-29 years of age; be a student of agriculture sphere not lower than 2-nd year of studying; speak a high level of conversational English; have no previous violations as regards work visas and/or record of having been deported; and, have no criminal record or any health problems.
The program entails the following: spend a 18-month internship in one of the areas of training: crops or livestock; 8 working hours per day, 5-6 days per week; and 2.5 days of paid holidays per month. Each trainee is free to choose where they will live during their internship: either in individualized rooms on the farm or rent housing independently. Food can be the responsibility either of the participant or of the farmer and his/her family based on previous mutual agreement with respect to a fixed deduction from the salary of the participant.
As a part of internship program, we cooperate with agrarian universities in Ukraine, especially with V.V. Dokuchaev Kharkiv National Agrarian University.
Average salary is EUR 1168 (after taxes). After first 6 months your salary increases and will be EUR 1310 (after taxes) per month. Overtime hours is paid on farmer option in money equivalent (extra charge coefficient is 1.5 from hourly rate) or by giving days off
Program stagesNote: it may take 6-8 months from the initial interview with an ILC staff member to departure by the applicant for the host farm.... Read more
- Interview with ILC staff member and English language proficiency test.
- Interview with IRWE representative.
- Signing of job offer.
- Preparation and submission of visa documents and search for a farm suitable for an internship placement.
- Confirmation received from the farm as regards the internship.
- Departure of the participant for the host farm.
Note: it may take 6-8 months from the initial interview with an ILC staff member to departure by the applicant for the host farm.
Documents required for citizens of UkrainePlease follow the link to view the list of documents required for participation in one of the programs.... Read more
Please follow the link to view the list of documents required for participation in one of the programs. At different stages of the program, an applicant may be requested to provide additional documents. Applicants will be informed about any such details by ILC staff.
- Photocopy of domestic passport (pp. 1, 2 & page with registration stamp ).
- Photocopy of ID code.
- Photocopy of international passport (p. 1 + all pages with any stamps).
- Photocopies of education certifying documents: diplomas, certificates, licenses, etc. (apart from secondary education certificate).
- Photocopy of Ukrainian labour book: all pages with records. If the applicant is officially employed at present, s/he must bring a photocopy of his/her labour book certified by the personnel department of the company for which s/he works.
- Photocopies of other documents confirming the applicant's work experience: work and character references, contracts, Private Entrepreneurship certificates, etc.
- Eight (8) colour passport photographs (the frame size of which must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" X 1 3/4") and taken against a plain white background. The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph).